WELCOME ADDRESS PRESENTED BY HONOURABLE (BARR.) ALIYU WAKILI BOYA, CHAIRMAN, HOUSE COMMITTEE ON POLICE INSTITUTIONS DURING THE FLAG-OFF OF REHABILITATION OF JABBI LAMBA, MALABU, SARAU, AND BELEL ROAD THAT LINKED TO THE REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON.
WELCOME ADDRESS PRESENTED BY HONOURABLE (BARR.) ALIYU WAKILI BOYA, CHAIRMAN, HOUSE COMMITTEE ON POLICE INSTITUTIONS DURING THE FLAG-OFF OF REHABILITATION OF JABBI LAMBA, MALABU, SARAU, AND BELEL ROAD THAT LINKED TO THE REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON.
PROTOCOL:
His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Adamawa State, ably represented
The Rt. Hon. Speaker, Hon Tajuddeen Abbas Ph.D, ably represented by Hon (Sir.) Abubakar Abdullahi Abubakar Bichi, Chairman House Committee on Appropriations.
Distinguish Senators and Members of the House of Representatives present.
The Hon. Minister of Works, Engr. David Umahi, ably Represented by the Director of High Ways, Construction and Rehabilitation, Engr. Folorunsho Esan.
The Director, Highways, North East.
The Federal Controller of Works, Yola,
The Executive Chairman, Fufore LGA
The Executive Chairman Song LGA
His Royal Highness the Emir of Fufore
The district heads of Fufore and Song
The Imams and Clergy Men here present
Gentlemen of the Press
Ladies and Gentlemen
Good afternoon.
May I welcome you all to the flagging off and Rehabilitation of Jabi Lamba, Malabu, Sarau and Belel Road that link Nigeria to Cameroon Republic.
My dear constituents, you may recall that, a year ago I sponsored a motion on the floor of the House on the Need to investigate the Delay in the Rehabilitation of this very important road which serves as a livelihood of our people.
This road has been neglected for the past 20 years without any rehabilitation and our communities are agrarian. The hardship caused by this deplorable state of the road impeded economic activities, limited access to essential services and endangered lives due to the increased risk of accidents and security.
My dear constituents, today I bring to you another infrastructural development to our constituency.
I have always had the issue of this road in my mind and to God be the Glory, Almighty has answered my prayers as I fulfilled one of my campaigns promises to see this road is completely rehabilitated, so that the dividends of democracy will be evenly distributed across Fufore and Song LGA.
One of the Key areas of focus under the Renewed Hope Agenda of His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR is the Construction and Rehabilitation of road infrastructure to enhance economic growth and social development.
One such road project is the Jabbi Lamba, Malabu, Sarau and Belel Road. The economic importance of this road cannot be over-emphasized, as it links these communities to Garrou in The Republic of Cameroon, as well as facilitates the movement of people, goods, and services,
This 85Km Road has a completion period of 36 months. In the 2024 budget, the Sum of 20Billion Naira has been allocated and the contractors are already on ground and mobilized to site, which you can all bear witness today.
Furthermore, in this year's budget of 2025, approval has been given which I also facilitated and the Sum of 25Billion will be injected into this road so that the works will not stop until they are done with it.
To the contractors handling this project, I have total trust on them because they are very reliable and reputable and I urge you to please align very well with the project's specifications and the proposed completion period.
Let me use this opportunity to sincerely thank the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon Tajuddeen Abbas Ph.D, ably represented by my dear Friend Hon (Sir.) Abubakar Abdullahi Abubakar Bichi, Chairman House Committee on Appropriations, and at same time who is the back-born of this project, surely thank you, sir.
I can not conclude this welcome address without thanking the Hon. Minister of Works and his team, who I have personally briefed about this exercise, and who has given me his support because of its impact and importance.
Thank you for listening and I wish every one of you a journey Mercy back home.
Thank you.
Hon. Barr. Aliyu Wakili Boya
Member Representing Fufore/Song Fed. Constituency,
Chairman of House Committee on Police Institutions,
House of Representatives,
National Assembly, Abuja.
Thursday, 20TH February 2025
We believe in your capability and trust if given the opportunity you can do more than what you are doing now. We want you promoted to senator or Governor. In Sha Allah
ReplyDelete